The National Testing Agency (NTA) invites online applications for the University Grants Commission (UGC) NET – 2023. NTA will conduct UGC-NET December 2023 for ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ and eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ edition in 83 subjects in CBT mode. All eligible and interested male and female candidates can apply online at UGC NET official website ugcnet.nta.ac.in from September 30, 2023, to the application last date of October 28, 2023, for UGC – NET December 2023.
Interested candidates should read the full notification carefully before applying online.
- Application Start Date: September 30, 2023
- Application Last Date: October 28, 2023
- Fee Payment Last Date: October 29, 2023
- Examination Date: December 6, 2023, to December 22, 2023
- General/Unreserved: Rs.1150/-
- Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL: Rs.600/-
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs.325/-
- Pay Fee Through Net Banking Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI.
UGC NET December 2023 Schedule
|Submission of Online Application Form||September 30, 2023, to October 28, 2023 (up to 05:00 P.M.)|
|Last date for the successful transaction of Examination fee||October 29, 2023 (up to 11:50 P.M.)|
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only||October 30 – 31, 2023 (up to 11:50 P.M.)|
|Intimation of Cities of exam centers||Last week of November 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Card by the Candidate from NTA Website||First week of December 2023|
|Dates of Examination||December 6, 2023, to December 22, 2023|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Provisional Answer Keys on the Website||To be announced later|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||To be announced later|
UGC NET December Eligibility Criteria
- General/UR/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test. List of subjects at Post Graduation level is attached as Appendix -V.
- The OBC belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with the required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- JRF: Not more than 30 years as of the 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded, i.e., 01.12.2023
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The Examination shall be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||MCQ||Total duration|
|I||100||50||The questions in Paper I intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinkingand general awareness of the Candidate.||03 hours (180 minutes) without any break. All the questions are compulsory.|
|II||200||100||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.|
Updated Syllabus for all NET Subjects can be downloaded from the UGC website: https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabus-new.php.
Medium of Question Paper
- The medium of the UGC NET question paper will be in English and Hindi only.
- When filling out the online application form, candidates must carefully choose the medium of the question paper. Once chosen, this option cannot be changed.
- Candidates opting for the Hindi medium in the application form will be given a bilingual paper, which includes questions in both Hindi and English. Candidates opting for the English medium will receive the question paper in English only.
- Candidates are required to answer the questions in the medium they chose while filling out the application form.
- In case there is any ambiguity in translation or construction of a question during the exam, the English version of the question will be considered final, and the decision of NTA (National Testing Agency) will be final in this regard.
Marking Scheme of UGC NET 2023
- Each question in the UGC NET exam carries 02 (two) marks.
- Candidates will be awarded 02 (two) marks for each correct response.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect responses. In other words, candidates will not lose marks for wrong answers.
- No marks will be given for questions that are left unanswered or marked for review.
- To answer a question, the candidate needs to choose one option as the correct answer.
- If a question is found to be incorrect, ambiguous, or has multiple correct answers, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers will be given credit.
- If a question is found to be incorrect and the question is dropped, then two marks (+2) will be awarded to all candidates who appeared in the exam. The reason for this could be due to human error or technical error.
These guidelines ensure fairness and transparency in the UGC NET examination process. Candidates should carefully read and understand the marking scheme and medium of the question paper before appearing for the exam.
Code of UGC-NET Subject 2023
|Subject||Subject Code||Subject||Subject Code|
|Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||46||Anthropology||07|
|Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||49||Arabic||29|
|Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||60||Chinese||32|
|Comparative Study of Religions||62||Computer Science and Applications||87|
|Criminology||68||Defence and Strategic Studies||11|
|Dogri||33||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics / Development Economics / Business Economics||01|
|Folk Literature||71||Forensic Science||82|
|French (French Version)||39||Geography||80|
|Human Rights and Duties||92||Indian Culture||50|
|Labour Welfare / Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management||55||Law||58|
|Library and Information Science||59||Linguistics||31|
|Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing / Marketing Mgt. / Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt. / Personnel Mgt. / Financial Mgt. /Co-operative Management)||17||Manipuri||35|
|Marathi||38||Mass Communication and Journalism||63|
|Museology & Conservation||66||Music||16|
|Pali||83||Performing Art – Dance/ Drama/ Theatre||65|
|Physical Education||47||Political Science||02|
|Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence / Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.||90||Population Studies||15|
|Sanskrit||25||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).||73|
|Social Medicine & Community Health||81||Social Work||10|
|Tourism Administration and Management||93||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||70|
|Urdu||28||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)||79|
NTA UGC NET Application Important Links
- Click Here To Apply
- Click Here To Login
- Click Here For Notification
- Click Here To Open Official Website
FAQs : NTA UGC NET Exam 2023
- What is the full form of UGC NET?
- The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test.
- What is UGC NET?
- The meaning of UGC NET is University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has entrusted the responsibility of conducting UGC-NET to the National Testing Agency. UGC-NET is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges.
- What is the UGC NET 2023 application submission last date?
- The last date for submission of the online application form is October 28, 2023.
- What is the exam fee for UGC NET 2023?
- Examination fees will be charged as per category as follows: General: Rs.1100/-, Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL: Rs.550/-, and SC/ST/PWD: Rs.275/-
- What is the eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2023?
- Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC.
- What is the helpline number for UGC NET Exam 2023?
- Helpline number: 011 – 40759000 / 011 – 69227700.