The Railway Protection Force (RPF) is soon going to release the notification for the recruitment of Constables and Sub-Inspectors on a direct recruitment basis. Recently, a letter has been circulated everywhere on social media which is an order by the DIG Railway Board stating that Directive-43 (Recruitment Rules of the Railway Protection Force) has to be modified.
As per the letter, the first phase of the Recruitment Process (including the Calling of Applications, Screening, Hiring Agency, and Conducting the CBT Exam) has to be completed by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The second phase of the Recruitment process will be completed by the RPF itself.
In this regard, a committee has been constituted to make changes in the Directive-43 of the RPF so that the RPF Recruitment 2023 process may be initiated.
So, the RPF Recruitment process for the Constables and Sub-Inspectors (SIs) is expected to be started soon by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
RPF Recruitment 2023 Overview
- Recruitment Organization: Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- Post Name: Constable/ Sub-Inspector (SI)
- Advt No.: RPF Constable and SI Recruitment 2023
- Vacancies: Around 10,000
- Salary/ Pay Scale: Varies Post Wise
- Job Location: All India
- Mode of Apply: Online
- Category: RPF Recruitment 2023
- Official Website: rpf.indianrailways.gov.in
The application fee for the RPF Constable and SI Recruitment 2023 is as follows:
|Gen/ OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ ESM/ Female/ Minorities/ EWS||Rs. 250/-|
Mode of Payment: Online
The RPF Recruitment 2023 Notification will be released in November 2023 by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
|Apply Start||November 2023 (Expected)|
|Last Date to Apply||December 2023 (Expected)|
|Exam Date||Notify Later|
Post Details, Eligibility & Qualification
Age Limit: The age limit for this recruitment is 18-25 Years for Constables and 20-25 for Sub-Inspectors. The crucial date for the calculation of the age limit will be updated here after the release of the RPF Constable Notification 2023, and RPF SI Notification 2023. The age Relaxation will be given as per the Rules of the Government.
|Constable||Approx. 9000||10th Pass|
RPF Constable and Sub-Inspector Pay Scale
The pay scale of the RPF Constables is Rs. 21,700/- plus allowances. This is a Level-3 CPC Pay Matrix Job. While the Pay Scale of the RPF Sub-Inspector (SI) is Rs. 35,400/- plus allowances. This is a Level-6 Pay Matrix Job.
RPF Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The Selection Process for RPF Constables and Sub-Inspectors Recruitment 2023 includes the following Stages:
- Stage-1: Computer Based Test (CBT) Written Exam
- Stage-2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT). (Based on CBT Scores, the candidates 10 times of the vacancies will be called for PET/PST).
- Stage-3: Document Verification
- Stage-4: Medical Examination
Exam Pattern for RPF Constable and SI Recruitment 2023
The Exam pattern is the same for both the RPF Constable Recruitment 2023 and RPF SI Recruitment 2023. The detailed exam pattern and syllabus of the RPF Vacancy 2023 are given here.
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd
- Time Duration: 90 Minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) Objective Type Exam
|General Awareness (GK)||50||50|
RPF Constable and SI Physical Test (PET and PMT)
The Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for the Constable and Sub-Inspector require the following standards:
- Note: Join the Telegram Group for the Latest Updates for RPF Recruitment 2023.
RPF Directive-43 (Recruitment Rules) Update Notice: Notice
Directive-43 (RPF Recruitment Rules 2018): Directive-43
RPF Constable 2018 Notification PDF: Notification
RPF SI 2018 Notification PDF: Notification
RPF Official Website: RPF Website
Check Other Govt Jobs: JobinfoIndia.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When will the RPF Recruitment Notification 2023 be released?The RPF Recruitment 2023 Notification will be released in November 2023.
- What is the age limit for the RPF Recruitment 2023?The age limit for the RPF Constable is 18-25 Years, and the age limit for the RPF Sub-Inspectors is 20-25 Years.