Start Date of Online Application: 07/10/2023 Last Date of Online Application: 29/10/2023
The Indian Navy has recently released a notification for the recruitment of Short Service Commission Officers. A total of 224 positions are available for eligible candidates. Online applications will be accepted from 07th October 2023 to 29th October 2023. To learn more about the eligibility criteria and application process, read on.
Name of the Post: SSC Officer
Post Date: 12/10/2023
No of Vacancies: 224
Location: Across India
Indian Navy is inviting applications from unmarried eligible men and women candidates to fill 224 SSC Officer positions. The course is scheduled to commence in June 2024 at the Indian Naval Academy (INA) in Ezhimala, Kerala. Below are the branch/cadre names and vacancy details:
- General Service [GS(X)]: 47
- Air Traffic Controller (ATC): 08
- Naval Air Operations Officer: 18
- Pilot: 20
- Logistics: 20
- Education: 18
- Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]: 30
- Electrical Branch [General Service (GS)]: 50
- Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC): 20
Selected candidates will receive the following pay scale and other applicable allowances in accordance with the rules:
- SSC Officer: ₹56,100
Check the table below for the age limits pertaining to the SSC Officer Posts:
|Name of the Branch / Cadre||Born Between|
|General Service [GS(X)]||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jan 2005|
|Air Traffic Controller (ATC)||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jul 2003|
|Naval Air Operations Officer (erstwhile Observer)||02 Jul 2000 to 01 Jul 2005|
|Pilot||02 Jul 2000 to 01 Jul 2005|
|Logistics||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jan 2005|
|Education||02 Jan 1999/1997 to 01 Jul 2003|
|Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)]||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jan 2005|
|Electrical Branch [General Service (GS)]||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jan 2005|
|Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)||02 Jul 1999 to 01 Jan 2005|
- General Service [GS(X)]: Candidates must have completed BE/B.Tech in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Air Traffic Controller (ATC) / Naval Air Operations Officer / Pilot: BE/B.Tech in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks. (Candidates must have 60% aggregate marks in class X, XII, and in English in class X or class XII).
- Logistics: BE / B.Tech (First Class) in any discipline or MBA (First Class) or B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc.(IT) (First class) along with PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Material Management or MCA / M.Sc (IT) (First Class).
- Education: M.Sc. (60% marks) (Maths / Operational Research / Chemistry with Physics) with Physics in B.Sc. or M.Sc. (60% marks) (Physics / Applied Physics) with Maths in B.Sc. or M.Tech (60% marks) in relevant disciplines or BE/B.Tech in relevant stream with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Engineering Branch / Electrical Branch [General Service (GS)] / NAIC: BE/B.Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in a relevant discipline.
The selection process for these positions will be based on merit.
There is no application fee for the Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2023.
How to Apply
To apply for the Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 for Short Service Commission Officer Posts, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The online application will be available starting from 29/10/2023.
- Click on “Candidate Login/Register” on the home page.
- Fill in the necessary details in the form and submit the application by clicking the submit option.
- Return to the home page and click on “Login.”
- Registered users can log in using their User ID and Password.
- Complete the online form with accurate details.
- Upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Finally, submit the online application and take a printout for your records.